Scientific Research in Numbers
- The number of projects contracted from 3818 to 12322 increased by 223%.
- Increase the volume of contracts from one billion and 39 million and 300 thousand pounds to one billion and 767 million and 600 thousand pounds, an increase of 70%.
- Double the expenditure on scientific research from 11.88 billion pounds to 17.56 billion pounds, an increase of 47%.
- Increasing the number of internationally published researches for Egyptians from 14564 to 18876, an increase of 29%. Egypt currently ranks 36th in the world of scientific research published in 231 countries worldwide
- Increase the number of researchers in different sectors from 110.7 thousand to 127.7 thousand, an increase of 15.3%
- The rate of innovation in economic establishments increased from 17.8% to 37.6% while the rate of innovation in products increased from 12.2% to 25.6%. The percentage of innovation in production operations increased from 17.8% to 34.5%
- The establishment of the technological incubator "Launch" and its branches to cover all disciplines at a cost of 28 million pounds.
- Financing 12 technology alliances to deepen local manufacturing in desalination, pharmaceuticals, electronics, petrochemicals, energy, spare parts and satellites with funding of LE 112 million.
- Apply the technology of dispersing the oil stains in Suez Canal Authority.
- Establishment of a national alliance to deepen local industrialization in the desalination industry with an annual funding of LE 10 million.
- Local manufacturing of a 21 m3 solar water desalination plant.
- Some new and innovative water desalination technologies have been reached at low temperatures (52 ° C), reducing the cost of desalination.
- Providing 456 master scholarships for next generation scientists with a total funding of 31 million pounds. The support of 175 young researchers in short scientific missions in the developed countries, with a total funding of 26.8 million pounds, 700 young people received a doctorate and 350 master degrees from the ministry's research centers and institutes.
- Supporting the establishment of 56 central labs with funding of LE 240 million for universities, institutes and research centers.Local wheat storage technology (plastic silos) has been developed to reduce waste to 2% and does not use chemicals for evaporation, storage cost per tonne less than 30% of silos and non-comparable capital investment.
- The yield of wheat in the extension fields was increased to 24 ardeba per feddan, and the rice productivity was increased by developing new hybrids by 30% and providing irrigation water by at least 20%.
- Support national campaigns and projects to promote food productivity with funding of LE 195 million.