Achievements of Scientific Research
Science, Technology and Innovation Indexes:
All parameters concerning
inputs and outputs of science, technology and innovation (according to
international standards) are improving.
· Expenditure on research and development has reached 19.19 billion pounds with an increase rate of 61% compared to last year.
· Research papers internationally published have reached 18777 .
· Egypt has been ranked 38th out of 230 countries in the world rankings .
· International cooperation in joint research has increased with an increase rate of 51% .
· The number of patents granted is 585 in 2017,
100 of which were granted to Egyptians.
· The number of researchers has risen across sectors to 135.
· Egypt’s ranking has risen from 105th
last year to 95th this year.